My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States

Once upon a time, down a long long lonely road...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another day...Another Flat tire ...

Yesterday I had another flat tire. Nothing could have prevented it though. A sharp piece of gravel, set up in a convenient location, waiting for its designated victim's front tire to catch it (mine in this case) and laughing out loud when I punctured...

Well I stopped, replaced the tube and all was hunky dory again. I have a habit of going super early to work so I just took my time fixing the flat. Out comes the front wheel, then out pries the tire and tube. I look for the puncture in the tube by inflating it and once the hole is found I look for the culprit that's embedded in the tire (unless the flat happens to be caused by a pinch flat) and then a new tube is inserted and the tire is replaced.

Well finally I get out my trusty frame pump and fill up the tube with good wholesome air. After I clean up the mess on the sidewalk I go on to work.

Cycling builds good mechanical skills...


...

1 Comments:

Blogger nuh ibn zbigniew gondek said...

As salaam alaikum.

I flat tire!!! I wish. It is -29 degrees and we got two feet for snow yesterday.

Come by my blog when you have a little time to read.

Wa salaama,

nuh ibn

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home